This week on Hearts Igniting Radio we talk about how to protect your romance as a couple in the busy season of raising kids.
Click to listen to the podcast: How To Be Lovers While Raising Kids
Here are 8 ways to make romance a priority:
1. You always held hands when you were walking... that is until the stroller got in the way. Try some new ways of linking arms while pushing the stroller.
2. Instead of just a peck on the cheek when leaving for work, take 10 seconds for a real lip lock. One says "I love you", but the other says "I'm still in love with you".
3. Show care by finding one new thing to compliment him or her on each day.
4. Remember how to flirt! When you're both bustling around the kitchen, your touch at an appropriate time can be...well provocative.
5. The return of "smoochiekins"! Dust off those pet names you used when you first got together. (You might have to do better than smoochiekins)
6. Keep a pad of sticky notes by your bed and write sweet and sexy notes for him or her every few days. Stick it in their briefcase, toothbrush, mirror, anywhere you know they'll find it.
7. If you're too exhausted to do anything but sack out in the living room watching Law & Order, lie together on the couch and snuggle or play footsie.
8. Have a digital camera? Take a picture of yourself holding a sign that says "can't wait to see you tonight" and email it to your spouse. Don't forget to use your best "bedroom eyes". Punch up your email with some lines from Song of Solomon
Song of Solomon 7:10-12
...I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me. Come, my beloved, let us go to the countryside, let us spend the night in the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom-there I will give you my love.
Oh yeh - that'll work...